Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy Day on The Bridge / A Look At the Details

My last visit to the bridge happened on another rainy day (since we've had so many of those recently), but there were many more people using it that I had previously noticed. I also took note of bicycle traffic, as there are bike lanes on the bridge along with car lanes. I didn't have a full twenty minutes to spend on the bridge, so I decided to focus more closely on some more detailed aspects of the space. I had a sample "tag" printed on paper with me so I could see what they might look like in the space. I was particularly fond of one small area of the bridge at one of its corners. Growing there was a large yellow butterfly bush that was striking against the green and grey colors prevalent on the rest of the bridge. They only took up a small space, relatively, but their bright color had the most impact, especially on a dreary rainy day. Unlike the first rainy day I spent on the bridge, I realized that I could explore the landscaping more without getting my shoes soaked, as I had previously expected. There are bench-like concrete structures and, with the terraced features, they create a sort of path that moves through the green space and provides access to some "sub-spaces" within the overall space. I took notice of many little nooks that I hadn't known were there before, which would be perfect spaces for placing augmented reality tags.







No comments:

Post a Comment