Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Rainy Day on the Bridge

Today, I went to get the rest of my photos for this blog. However, it was raining very hard, and I didn't want to risk getting my camera wet (it's already finicky enough). However, staying outside in the rain for those twenty minutes was very trying. The wind kept threatening to turn my umbrella inside out, and water gushed past my rainboots. The rain did not fall in straight lines, but somehow was able to splash around and get to the most bizzare places, such as on my face. There was nowhere dry to sit, and my feet became very tired. People rushed past me in their hurry to get to class and stay dry; few looked around. The crowds getting on and off of the Tech Trolleys were larger than I had ever noticed, and the bridge lost it's status as a "place" into a mere pathway that forced them to endure the elements. I willed the twenty minutes to pass quickly until I could endure the weather no more. I wished I had a hot tea or something of that nature to warm me. Finally, I left in a hurry, to try to catch a bus I was at the bottom of the hill, grateful to leave the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment