Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Night on the 5th Street Bridge

Yesterday I went to the 5th Street Bridge, at around 11:00 at night. I had my boyfriend accompany because, although it is a well lit and easily visible part of campus, I still don't feel comfortable walking around alone. The area was practically abandoned, with only streetlamps and the skyline to light it. However, it was surprisingly bright for the time of night. I counted about five people walk by during my entire 20-minute period, all in a hurry and walking quickly. The grass was rather prickly when we sat upon it, as though it was too dry. It felt almost like an exposed secret in that area, with a very intimate setting that people and cars kept blundering upon. My boyfriend and I felt the need to almost whisper to maintain the tranquility of the setting. It was very peaceful.












No comments:

Post a Comment